How To View Unpaid Bills and Open Accounts Payables in QuickBooks Online
There are different ways of viewing a report in QuickBooks Online that will show open vendor liability and credit balances.
Please note: Your QuickBooks Online subscription may prevent you from having access to certain reports.
So let’s begin:
- Scroll down to the section under “What you owe”
- Click on Unpaid Bills
- Note: when this report opens, it automatically shows all unpaid bills as of the current date.
- You can change this current date setting near the top on the left side to “report date”, then click on “Run Report” to see what the Unpaid Bills were as of the report date you entered in. This might be useful when you are trying to clean up a balance sheet for a tax year and resolve corresponding vendor balances issues AFTER the tax year has already occurred.
- This Unpaid Bills report is different than the typical familiar Accounts Payables (detailed) report because it sorts by vendor name rather than by past due dates.
Another way of reviewing open vendor liability and credit issues in QuickBooks Online is this:
- Scroll down to the section under “What you owe”.
- Click on “Accounts payable aging detail”
- Note: when this report opens, it automatically shows all detailed open vendor bills and credits as of the report date, which defaults to “Today”.
- You can change report settings for this report towards the top and be sure to click on “Run Report” after you change a setting.
- The Accounts Payables Detailed aging report is useful because it sorts by date rather than by vendor name. This way, you can quickly see what the oldest issues are.
On both reports, be sure to view the “Open Balance” column on the farthest right side and differentiate this info from the “Amount” column.
Note: AccuraBooks is a bookkeeping firm only, so please consult with your C.P.A. for verification and clarification about the contents of this article.